E-commerce websites can range from the simple online store to a complex integration of products, services, content, and third-party integration's. There is no "one size fits all" solution for E-commerce website development and it's important to understand your short and long-term objectives.Before we even begin to start thinking about an e-commerce solution, we need to really understand your business to ensure your e-commerce site supports it. You'll need to think about things like:
- Product variables, such as color, size, quantity.
- Shipping calculations and rates
- And much, much more.
Our software of choice for e-commerce solutions is Magento, a robust, open-source software platform. By leveraging a leading open source e-commerce application, your team should be able to deliver the right solution for the specific task at hand.
Once you have the functionality and design perfectly set for the launch, start thinking about the best ways of making shopping a pleasant experience for your visitors. Some of the tactics you can use are:
- Trust-building with your visitor before they even become your customer
- Detailed representation of products and the purchase.
- Campaigns and giveaways
- Social media engagement and sharable content
- Excellent customer service
- So much more your creativity can achieve!
Don’t stop here; there’s a lot you can learn before launching your next e-commerce website. Get in touch to talk ideas and possibilities or keep browsing through our blog, we have a lot that might interest you here!