Smartphones and tablets have become the standard browsing tools for a majority of users. Some websites that are not optimized for mobile devices are not too bad when viewed on a smartphone. However, most desktop sites are difficult to read, navigate, and find information on when viewed on a mobile device. The result is higher Bounce Rates and lower Conversion Rates for users on mobile devices.
Google's Mobile-Friendly Algorithm was released on April 21st, 2015
Google is adding a new algorithm to determine how websites are ranked on mobile devices. Are you ready? Learn more.
We encourage you to review your web analytics and to view your website on a smartphone with the following questions in mind:
- How many visitors come from a mobile device each month?
- Can visitors auto-dial your business by a single click?
- Is horizontal scrolling required?
- Are your most important pages easily found?
- Is your most important information easy to see?
- Does flash hinder any delivery of information?
- How does the site look visually?
- Is your contact form easy to use and submit?
TIP: If you're not running Google Analytics, get it installed now so you can start measuring your results.
We expect website traffic from mobile devices will exceed 50% in 2015 and continue to increase through 2016. Most smartphone users quickly exit non-mobile websites that are cumbersome to navigate or difficult to read. As a result, the lack of a custom mobile web solution = Lost Business Revenue. If you notice that your site doesn't perform favorably on the questions above, you should look into setting up a mobile site sooner rather than later.
There are a variety of options to meet your mobile needs. Our best solution is Responsive Design, which will accommodate mobile users regardless of device. Don't lose revenue to your competition by ignoring this rapidly growing trend.
Work with cutting-edge technology to consider the best possible options available for mobile web design, including responsive web design. Understand the importance of a mobile website that can better serve your potential customers, improve customer service, and increase your bottom line.
What is responsive web design?
Responsive web design is an approach that a web designer uses to create a website that “responds to” or re-sizes itself depending on the type of device being used to view it. The objective is to have one website with elements that respond differently when viewed on devices of different sizes. The result is an optimal viewing experience across a wide range of devices, such as desktop monitors, laptops, iPads, tablets, and smartphones. If you're ready for a website makeover, then you should definitely consider a responsive web design. The key benefits are:
- You only have one site to manage - no more standalone mobile sites.
- Your brand is consistent.
- Your website is designed for optimal viewing on all mobile devices.
- There is no need to tweak a mobile design every time a new mobile device is released to the market.
What about marketing to mobile users?
Naturally, with mobile browsing on the rise, so is mobile advertising. Make your business potential responsive too; hold campaigns designed specifically for mobile devices. Deliver your ads directly to your customer as they browse, play games, or even watch a YouTube video!
Now, more than ever, we have the power to target your customers in the right place at the right time:
- Scheduled Ad Impressions. Deliver your ads during business hours only, or any other specified window.
- OS Targeting and Carrier Targeting. Campaigns can focus on a specific set of smartphone users (eg. iPhone users) or carriers.
- Geo-targeting. Show your ads only in specific zip codes, cities, or states.
- User Interest Targeting. We can target users who are consuming specific information, such as news, business, or sports sites.
Leveraging the power of mobile-specific marketing technology has given us improved results across the board for mobile traffic. For more information on mobile campaigns, call us at (864) 288-6162 or contact us online.