Marketing is hard work, and social listening is one of the best ways to learn whether or not that work is paying off. What is social listening? Social media listening is the practice of monitoring the conversations and mentions about your company happening on platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Companies use social media listening to evaluate brand reputation, get feedback from customers who share their experiences with your product online, or simply following-up on your marketing activities.
Social listening will give you answers to a few questions like:
- How popular is my brand within my community?
- Are my customers satisfied with my products? Are they sharing those feelings on social media?
- What are my chances of a successful word-of-mouth campaign?
- Did my last marketing campaign cause any reactions on social media? Were they positive or negative?
- Were there any complaints or questions about my brand that I need to answer or address?
- What are my competitors up to?
Getting these answers will help to drive your marketing forward. Here are 3 main reasons why your company will benefit from social listening: