Back in 2014 I wrote an article on some tips for SEO in 2015. There I said that while it has become common to hear about the death of SEO, the truth is that SEO is not dead but simply changing. While content creation and shareable marketing stories are very important for the future of digital marketing, Google still uses algorithms to determine your rank and high ranking sites will be those that have intentionally optimized for those search engine ranking factors.
SEO has evolved drastically over the past several years and is guaranteed to continue evolving. Did you know that Google changes its algorithm over 500 times a year! This makes the task of successfully "SEOing" your web presence not only incredibly challenging, but also time consuming and never ending. Constantly optimizing your site can feel tedious and leave you asking "why is SEO important?" Here I'd like to offer just a few concrete answers to that question.
6 Answers to the the question "Why is SEO important?"
- Every day there are over one billion Google searches performed worldwide and that number is not decreasing.
- 100% of searchers look at the organic side of search (the left-hand side).
- 85% of searchers will click on the organic side of search over paid.
- The average click-through rate (CTR) for the top organic search position in Google is approximately 36%, while the CTR for the top paid search position in Google is just 2%.
- The average CTR for organic search results on page one of Google is approximately 8%, versus only 2% CTR for paid search ads.
- Organic search is the #1 lead conversion tactic outranking email marketing and paid search.
Why are these statistics so strong? Simple. Searchers trust the relevancy and timeliness of Google’s organic search results. When we isolate Google’s organic search business, at its core is the simple concept of “relevancy.” Google is in the business of returning the most relevant search results to every person on this planet.
The Power of 3 is about creating, distributing and measuring optimized marketing content that is targeted to your prospects. Content that they want and find relevant.
If you're interested in learning more about SEO best practices and how they might affect your site, download our free SEO checklist below. It will help you make sure that you are targeting all of the right things with your SEO plan.